IPL Introduction and Current Format:
Indian premier league which is one of the most popular and professional Twenty20 cricket entertainment of India which holds in the month of April and May every year. It’s been founded by Lalit Modi in the year 2008 under the establishment of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and been successfully running out the every season. The theme of IPL consists of 8 teams, Representing 8 states from India, where each team need to win atleast 7-8 games out of 14 matches to enter into playoff.
The top two teams compete with each other to enter Qualifier 1(which directly qualifies for the final match) and the remaining two teams will play for match titled Eliminator, the losing team gets another chance to qualify for the final match by playing the winning team of eliminator match, who titled as Qualifier 2, The winner of the subsequent qualifier 2 team will move onto the final match for Indian Premier League title head to head.
Changes in the Indian premier league:
Now come to the 10th edition of IPL Season, we have seen some changes in current teams when compare to previous year teams where Chennai super kings and Rajasthan royals are back again after two years of suspension for the involvement of their respected team owners in 2013 IPL match fixing case.
This year too IPL is officially sponsored by VIVO Smartphones which is abbreviated by Vivo IPL 2018, and Star sports won the global media rights for a 5years contract period valued at Rs.16,347.5cr and has broadcast in six languages including English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada And Bengali.
This IPL season is best considering some teams who played really hard to be in top 4 position(Kolkata Knight Riders, Rajasthan Royals, SunRisers Hyderabad And Chennai Super Kings make it into the list) and others who didn’t make into top 4 list (Punjab king xi, Delhi Dare Devils, Royal Challengers Bangalore and Mumbai Indians).
It was the great season this IPL for Chennai super kings who won their third tournament title to defeat SunRisers (SRH) team by 8 wickets and 9 balls remaining in hand. In the final match at wankhade stadium Mumbai venue, Chennai won the toss to field first, where SRH scored a total of 178/6 in 20 overs. Chennai lost there early two wickets later Shane Watson come into existing and played the match innings by scoring 117* out of 57 balls which includes 11 fours and 8 sixes.
Top 8 IPL Standings 2018:
Teams who been topped in the chart for this IPL Season 2018
Awards for the Players for Season 10:
- Champion:- Chennai super kings
- Runner up:- Sunrises Hyderabad
- Leading run scorer of the tournament:- Kane Williamson(735 runs)
- Maximum sixes of the tournament :- Rishabh pant
- Stylish Player of the season :- Rishabh pant
- Perfect catch of the season:- Trent Boult
- IPL Fair Play Award:- Mumbai Indians
- Emerging player of the season:- Rishabh pant
- Pitch and ground award:- cricket association of Bengal(who hosted more than 7 matches)
- Man of the match for the final:- Shane Watson
- Pitch and ground award:- Punjab cricket association (who hosted less than 7 matches)
- Super striker of the season:- Sunil Naraine
- Orange cap:- Kane Williamson
- Purple cap:- Andrew Tye